If you thought that drinking water, fresh fruit juices can only quench your thirst, you probably are wrong. New studies reveal that these healthy fluids not only hydrate, but also brings the perfect glow to your skin. Here’s how…
A recent study featured in an international journal says that these fluids help regulate body temperature, therefore cooling it down and adding on the glow. The adult human body is composed of 60% water and your blood has 90% water. Drinking water is beyond fulfilling your thirst. It benefits the body in a trillion ways. Fluids help retain excess waste from the body in the form of urinal discharge. This waste otherwise converts into fat or unhealthy skin.
Benefits of Healthy Fluids on Your Dull Skin
With the rise in level of pollution, unhealthy lifestyle and poor sleeping patterns, our skin’s quality has degraded. Most of us today lack the natural radiance and facial glow. This could also be resulting in rising prices of face highlighters. On the contrary, this fake glow will only last an evening. If you want it to last longer, here are the tips
- Increase your Fluid Intake: Studies reveal that even 2 cups of water can improve your skin tone if taken regularly. Water helps increase the blood flow by making it reach all the arteries and veins.
- Fluids Help Getting Rid of Sunburns: If you have been out in the bright sun lately, drinking water can heal the sunburn. Water acts as a cooling agent and therefore, It is suggested to increase your water intake by 2x on a hot sunny day.
- Heals Itchy Facial Skin: Dry skin always gets itchy, it is because it lacks moisture. Water acts as a natural moisturizer too. It fulfills the pores, ensuring it doesn’t get dried up and result in itching.
What all to Add in water for Healthy Skin?
- Mint: It is a perfect digestive aid. Boiling mint leaves and drinking the cooled down water. This improves digestion, the less detox your skin has to go through, the more it will glow.
- Lemon juice: Lemon juice has a good quantity of vitamin-C, which helps boost collagen and clean the liver. A clean and healthy liver results in beautiful and healthy skin. Add little lemon juice to all of your curries, fruits and salads.
- Honey and apple cider vinegar: Raw honey has antibacterial and antiseptic abilities. It may benefit oily and acne-prone skin. On the other hand, Apple cider vinegar has anti-inflammatory properties. It helps in exfoliating the skin, absorb excess oils and therefore preventing acne.
Kashish Wason is a Fashion Content writer and Stylist. In her writings, she covers topics related to Fashion, Health, Fitness and Lifestyle. She is a Fashion Communication student and has her expertise in a lot of fields related to Fashion, some of them being Styling, Visual Merchandising, Graphic Designing etc.